Crave House™ Plant-Based Ground Zucchini Boats
Cook Time45 minutes
- 1 package Crave House™ Plant-based Ground
- 6-8 medium-sized zucchinis or 12 small zucchinis
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ cup onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups marinara sauce, divided
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- ¼ teaspoon each, salt and pepper
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella
- Crushed red pepper (for garnish)
- Parsley (for garnish)
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Slice zucchinis in half and carve out with a spoon. Chop zucchini pulp and set aside.
- Line zucchini boats on a baking sheet lined with parchment or lightly greased with oil.
- In a nonstick skillet over medium heat, add olive oil and onion. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes or until it begins to golden. Add garlic and cook for a few seconds.
- Add ground and cook until brown and the internal temperature reaches 165°F (approximately 6 to 8 minutes).
- Add marinara sauce, zucchini pulp, Italian seasoning, salt, pepper and crushed red pepper. Simmer 8 to 10 minutes.
- Spoon mixture into zucchini boats, topping with marinara and a drizzle of cheese.
- Place baking pan in oven and bake 15 to 20 minutes or until the cheese is fully melted and bubbly.