Crave House™ Plant-Based Ground Winter Squash Soup
Cook Time30 minutes
- 1 package Crave House™ Plant-based Ground
- 1 butternut squash, peeled, seeded, diced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 can pumpkin puree
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground ginger
- ½ teaspoon each, all spice and nutmeg, ground
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Sour cream and roasted pumpkin seeds, for garnish
- In pot over medium heat, add 2 tablespoons of olive oil, onions, garlic and butternut squash. Place lid on top and let cook, stirring frequently for 5 minutes.
- Add pumpkin and broth and simmer for 5 more minutes, stirring frequently
- Remove from heat and puree in blender until smooth.
- Return pureed soup to pot and add cream, sugar and nutmeg. Adjust seasoning with salt and pepper.
- While making the soup, cook ground. In skillet over medium heat, add remaining oil and ground. Evenly sprinkle ginger and all spice over ground. Break up ground with a spatula while cooking to an internal temperature of 165°F. Once cooked, season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Serve soup with cooked ground and garnish with sour cream and roasted pumpkin seeds.