Crave House™ Plant-Based Ground Stuffed Peppers
Cook Time45 minutes
- 1 package Crave House™ Plant-based Ground
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 1 can tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons Italian seasonings
- ¾ cup shredded mozzarella
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 4 bell peppers (any color), seeded and split in half
- In sauté pan over medium heat, add olive oil and onions and cook for a few minutes until translucent.
- Add garlic and cook for 30 seconds, stirring constantly so it doesn’t burn.
- Add ground and cook for 6 to 8 minutes, breaking into smaller pieces with a spatula, until internal temperature hits 165°F.
- Add rice, tomato sauce and Italian seasoning and cook for 2 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add half the cheese, then season to taste with salt and pepper and remove from heat.
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Divide ground mixture evenly between the 8 pepper halves. Place on a baking dish or pan, then place in the oven for 20 minutes.
- After 20 minutes, top with remaining cheese and return to oven for 5 more minutes.
- Remove from oven and serve.