Crave House™ Plant-Based Ground Shepherd’s Pie
Cook Time60 minutes
- 1 package Crave House™ Plant-based Ground
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves, chopped
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 ½ cups vegetable broth
- ½ cup each, peas, carrots, corn – frozen
- 2 russet potatoes, peeled and diced
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup cream
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- In sauté pan over medium heat, add oil and onions. Cook onions until translucent. Add garlic and cook 30 more seconds.
- Mix in herbs, then add ground. Cook ground 6 to 8 minutes or until reaching an internal temperature of 165°F
- Add Worcestershire and tomato paste. Cook 1 minute, then add broth, peas, carrots and corn to simmer a few minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste, then set aside.
- Put washed, peeled and diced potatoes in a pot and cover with cold water. Add salt and place over medium high heat. Once water boils, simmer and cook until potatoes are tender (~10 minutes). Once cooked, strain potatoes. Then place back in pot, add butter and mash potatoes. Once mashed, add cream and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Place ground mixture into pie dish and cover with mashed potatoes. Place in oven for 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let stand for 10 minutes before serving. Enjoy!