Crave House™ Plant-Based Meatballs Meatball Parmesan Soup
Cook Time60 minutes
- 1 package Crave House™ Italian-style Plant-based Meatballs
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 small white onion, diced
- 2 carrots, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 2 cans petite diced tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar dissolved in 1½ cup hot water
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
- 1 teaspoon each, Italian seasoning and ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon each, kosher salt and dried oregano
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 8 oz. uncooked mini shell noodles
- ⅓ cup grated parmesan cheese
- In Dutch oven or large, heavy-bottomed saucepan, heat olive oil and butter. Sauté onion and carrots until translucent and soft. Add garlic and cook 30 seconds more.
- Add vegetable broth, tomatoes, sugar water, basil, Italian seasoning, salt, black pepper, oregano, red pepper flakes and meatballs. Meatballs can be added raw or browned first, just ensure internal temperature reaches 165°F before consuming. Stir and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer 30 minutes.
- Add dry pasta and simmer, stirring occasionally, until cooked to al denté (still a little firm).
- Add grated parmesan cheese and stir. Cook over low heat until cheese melts and soup thickens.
- Garnish with basil and cheese. Serve with sliced baguette and enjoy!