Crave House™ Plant-Based Ground Asian-style Lettuce Wraps
Cook Time30 minutes
- 1 package Crave House™ Plant-based Ground
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons ginger, minced
- 1 tablespoon lemongrass, minced
- 2 each Thai chili or serrano, minced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 limes, juiced
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 ½ tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon water, cold
- 2 tablespoons each, cilantro and mint, chopped
- 1 head lettuce
- ½ cup cilantro, whole leaves (for garnish)
- ½ cup red onion, thinly sliced (for garnish)
- 3 scallions, thinly sliced (for garnish)
- ½ cup roasted peanuts, chopped (for garnish)
- In skillet over medium heat, add oil, ginger, chiles and lemongrass and sweat for a few minutes. Then add garlic and sweat for 30 seconds more.
- Add ground and cook for 6 to 8 minutes, or until internal temperature reaches 165°F.
- Add lime juice, fish sauce and brown sugar and mix until thoroughly combined.
- Mix water and cornstarch together until reaching milky consistency, then drizzle over ground and mix in, so everything slightly thickens up.
- Add chopped mint and cilantro and mix until evenly dispersed. Keep mixture warm.
- Spoon ground mixture into lettuce leaves and garnish with cilantro, onion, scallions and chopped peanuts.