Crave House™ Plant-Based Sausages One Pan Skillet Sausage
Cook Time60 minutes
- 1 package Crave House™ Italian-style Plant-based Sausages
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 onion, diced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon each, turmeric and dried oregano
- Pinch red pepper flakes
- 1 cup uncooked white jasmine rice
- 2 cups stock, chicken or vegetable
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Add 1 tablespoon olive oil to large skillet over medium heat.
- Slice sausage links into coins about an inch thick. Add sausage coins to skillet and brown. Keep turning coins to cook evenly for 10 to 14 minutes. Remove from pan when internal temperature of sausages has reached 165°F.
- Add remaining olive oil to pan. Add onion and bell pepper, seasoning with salt and pepper. Sauté until soft, about 5 to 8 minutes.
- Add tomato sauce, garlic, spices and salt. Stir to combine, about 30 to 60 seconds.
- Add rice and stir to combine. Pour in stock and return sausages to pan.
- Bring to simmer, then reduce to low heat and cover. Cook for 20 to 25 minutes until liquid has evaporated and rice is cooked.
- Garnish with fresh chopped parsley, serve and enjoy!